Male Multiple Orgasms:
Techniques, Approaches and Exercises
What follows is a summary of some of the techniques presented in The Multi-Orgasmic Man. Please keep in mind that this is just a fraction of the information presented in the book: a lot of supporting material is left out, along with ALL the material related to "energy" techniques. Specifically, this summary will see you through only the first part of The Multi-Orgasmic Man: if you like what you experience based on the material below, then by all means buy the book and try the rest.
The Basic Approach
This book's basic approach for male multiple orgasms is that men stop or change the stimulation they are creating/receiving just prior to reaching the point of ejaculatory inevitability. If done close enough to ejaculation, one may experience the muscular contractions that accompany what the authors call "contractile phase orgasms" without moving into "expulsion phase orgasm." Expulsion-phase orgasm is accompanied by ejaculation and erection loss, while contractile-phase orgasm is accompanied by the normal feelings of "coming" (including the 3-5 sec. "fluttering" muscular contractions in the pelvis) without ejaculation and without erection loss.
The Multi-Orgasmic Man suggests that men "peak" to this contractile phase orgasm many times over the course of a lovemaking session or masturbation session. After experiencing each orgasm, one pauses for a few seconds and then resumes whatever pleasurable stimulation one was engaged in.
The first step this book discusses is learning about breathing. By breathing deeply and regularly (without hyperventilating) one can gain more control over orgasm, and enhance one's ability to skirt along the contractile side of things without falling over into the expulsionary side of things. Here's how to practice:
- Sit on a chair with your back straight and your feet touching the floor about shoulder width apart.
- Place your hands over your navel and relax your shoulders.
- Inhale though your nose and feel your lower abdomen expand at the navel area (below and around it) so that it bulges outward. Your diaphragm will also descend.
- Keeping your chest relaxed, exhale with some force to pull the lower abdomen back in, as if you were pulling your navel back toward your spine. Also feel your penis and testicles pull up.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 eighteen to thirty-six times.
Learning to Focus Attention
The following exercise enhances the ability to concentrate. The ability to direct attention to one's partner is an important part of sex.
- Slowly inhale (expanding your belly) and exhale (flattening your belly). Count each complete inhalation and exhalation as one breath.
- Continue breathing from the belly and counting from one to one hundred, thinking only about your breathing.
- If you notice that your mind has strayed, start again.
- Practice this exercise twice a day until you can count to one hundred with ease.
Finding the PC Muscle
The PC (pubococcygeus) muscle is responsible for the rhythmic contractions in the pelvis and anus during orgasm. In women, PC muscle contractions may be used to contract around the penis, causing further stimulation. In both men and women, a strong PC muscle is associated with stronger orgasms. Besides this effect, conscious contraction of the PC muscle around the prostate gland is one technique this book recommends men use in helping to avoid ejaculation.
- When you are about to urinate, stand on your toes and the balls of your feet. If necessary, you can use the wall for support.
- Inhale deeply.
- Exhale slowly, forcefully push out the urine while pulling up on your perineum and clenching your teeth.
- Inhale and contract your PC muscle to stop the flow of urine midstream.
- Exhale and start urinating again.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 three to six times or until you have finished urinating.
Strengthening the PC Muscle
This exercise is designed to strengthen the PC muscle. Although one could conceivably stop doing exercise 1 when proper breathing becomes second nature during sex, and one could stop doing exercise 2 when one is capable of directing and maintaining attention, and one could stop doing exercise 3 when one is familiar with one's PC muscle, one should make a habit of doing exercise 4. The more it is done, the stronger the PC muscle will get, and the better sex will feel.
This exercise may also be done by women to receive similar benefits. Please note that in the exercise below the only really important contraction is the PC contraction. You may skip the mouth and eye contractions if you wish, as well as any pelvic contractions unrelated to the PC muscle.
- Inhale and concentrate on your prostate, perineum, and anus.
- As you exhale, contract your PC muscle around your prostate and around your anus while at the same time contracting the muscles around your eyes and mouth.
- Inhale and relax, releasing your PC, eye, and mouth muscles.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, contracting your muscles as you exhale and releasing them as you inhale, nine to thirty-six times.
This is where the core technique of male multiple orgasms is learned, before they're incorporated into lovemaking with a partner.
- Start by lubricating your penis. Lubricant will increase your sensations. Oil is generally better than lotion, which dries up more quickly. [Though keep in mind that this is just for self-pleasuring - for sex with a partner, oil will break down latex condoms, and isn't the healthiest thing for the vagina, so it's not what you'd want to use with a partner.]
- Pleasure yourself however you like, remembering to massage and stimulate your entire penis, your scrotum, and you perineum, including what the book calls the "Million-Dollar Point" (a point on the perineum just forward of the anus). Continue to breathe deeply and regularly, as you learned in exercise 1.
- Try to notice your increasing levels of arousal: notice the tingling at the root of your penis, notice the stages of erection, notice your heartbeat rise.
- When you are getting near ejaculation, stop and rest (possibly breathing in deeply and holding the breath for a second or two). Try to notice the contraction of your PC muscle and anus that occurs at contractile-phase orgasm, although don't be surprised if it takes some time to experience this without ejaculating. You can also try to squeeze your PC muscle around your prostate if the prostate starts contracting and you are afraid you might fall over the edge.
- After you regain control, you can start again as many times as you like and continue for as long as you like.
In this exercise, one should experiment with getting as close as possible to ejaculation without ejaculating. The PC muscle contraction part of this technique is what allows you to get MUCH closer to ejaculation (and hence experience a fuller non-ejaculatory orgasm) than mere stopping would allow.
If you manage to achieve contractile-phase orgasms (without ejaculating) twice or more in one masturbation session without losing your erection, then you should pat yourself on the back: you're multi-orgasmic!
Incorporating Multiple Orgasms into Sex with a Partner
Once the proper feelings are identified and experienced in Exercise 5 (contractions of the PC muscle that WOULD have led to ejaculation but don't because you stopped and/or clamped your PC muscle around your prostate) they can be carried over straight away in to sex with a partner. The only difference is that with a partner you generally stop thrusting or else (verbally or non-verbally) ask your partner to slow down/stop whatever THEY are doing rather then slowing down/stopping your own hand as you did in Exercise 5.
Note that in sex with a female partner, it's often a good idea for the woman to experience an orgasm or two first (manually or orally) so that any stopping/starting is not as disturbing, and so that the intercourse in general is more pleasurable. Even so, if it's necessary for the man to slow down to avoid ejaculating, but the woman is close to orgasm and doesn't want thrusting to stop, there are a few options. Obviously, the man can stop thrusting and massage the clitoris or vagina with his hand. Another approach is to just change the thrusting style: instead of moving in and out, while all the way in move up and down or in circles while pressing your body against her clitoris. This movement is driven by the pelvis, and can be a lot of fun.
Choosing a Sexual Position for Intercourse with a Female Partner
"Man on Top" (missionary) position allows good eye contact, which is valuable if both partners are multi-orgasmic and they want to do some of the "energy" stuff mentioned in this book. Although this position isn't the best at enabling G-spot stimulation, this kind of stimulation can be increased by putting a pillow underneath the woman's hips, or by her bringing her legs up to drape over the man's shoulders (also, the higher the legs, the deeper the penetration).
"Woman on Top" (straddling) position is an easy one for men to control ejaculation in. Gravity assists in ejaculatory control, and because the man can relax his pelvic muscles it's MUCH easier for him to pay attention to what's going on and slow things down if ejaculation is too close. This position also allows the woman to stimulate her clitoris during sex. The fact that the woman can control rate and type of stimulation, and the fact that she can stimulate her clitoris during sex, make this position a relatively easy one for multi-orgasmic women to be multi-orgasmic in.
"Man from Behind" (doggie) position is good if strong stimulation is desired, or if desire is flagging. Deep penetration is very easy, and becomes deeper the more "forward" the woman bends (i.e. leaning into the bed with the legs and torso at a sharper angle to each other). Clitoral stimulation is easy, and G-spot stimulation is pretty direct. The lack of eye contact is the only real drawback, though if you have a mirror by the bed you can see each other's eyes by looking to the side into the mirror (which some people find erotic).
For more information about the contents of The Multi-Orgasmic Man, go to The Multi-Orgasmic Man: Sexual Secrets Every Man Should Know
Articles and links of Interest